CUDA Path Tracer
A GPU-accelerated path tracer
raysPerPixelrays with random offsets from the pixel center and samples the scene up to
maxBouncesper ray. A pixel's color is the average of these samples.
This is an ongoing CUDA implementation of a path tracer, largely based on Peter Shirley’s Ray Tracing in One Weekend series of tutorials plus other resources.
Features currently implemented are:
- Materials: diffuse, metallic dielectric and emissive.
- Area lights.
- Bounding Volume Hierarchy (BVH) partitioning.
- Depth of Field.
- Geometry: spheres and planes.
Future features will include:
- Arbitrary geometry (i.e.: FBX, OBJ).
- Probabilistic sampling.
- Deep-Learing-based supersampling.